Thursday, November 8, 2007

That's Enough For Me



Today I join millions of people who have their own blog. My blog is not and will not be the hottest thing on the web. (I'm shocked you found it.) My blog will be my attempt to share what God is doing in my life through my experiences. I realize that in the context of the web my blog is small and insignificant. That's okay.

Last year I hiked up one of the peaks near my home with a group of friends in my small group. When we got to the top I was in awe of the view. From the top we could see for miles. Down below we looked at our city and marvelled at how small the buildings appeared. The view was vast and we felt so small. It was inspiring and humbling.

We often get confused at our importance and our "size" in the world. Our ego's attempt each day to convince us that we are more important than we really are. Then ever so often we are confronted with reality. In reality we are pretty small and insignificant compared to the number of people who are on the planet. But that's okay.

Our real value and worth is not dependent upon how big our ego is, how many people know us or read our blog (that's a relief). Our real value is determined by God who created us to have a relationship with Him. It was for us that God created the world with all of its beauty and vastness. It was for us that He gave His Son Jesus to die for our sins. It was for us that Jesus rose from the dead to give you and me a personal relationship and life with God.

No, in the context of the world we are small and insignificant. But that's okay because we are important to God. And being known and appreciated by God is what life is all about.

And so, few of you will read this post and it will remain a small and insignicant blog in the midst of millions. But that's okay. I count the creator of the universe and the builder of the mountains as one of my readers. That's enough for me.

No comments: